This is the accompanying noise dataset created for the following papers:
- Zhiyao Duan, Gautham J. Mysore, and Paris Smaragdis, Online PLCA for Real-time semi-supervised source separation, in Proc. International Conference on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation (LVA/ICA), LNCS 7191, pp. 34-41, 2012. <pdf> <slides>
- Zhiyao Duan, Gautham J. Mysore, and Paris Smaragdis, Speech enhancement by online non-negative spectrogram decomposition in non-stationary noise environments, in Proc. Interspeech, 2012. <pdf> <slides> <sound files>
If you use this dataset in work that you publish, please kindly cite the LVA/ICA paper.
There are ten different non-stationay noises in this dataset. They are either recorded by us, downloaded from the web, or collected from other resources. All the files are sampled at 16kHz.
- Birds: A bunch of birds singing in a forest (1'24")
- Casino: Ambience from a casino (2'00")
- Cicadas: A bunch of cicadas singing (50")
- Computerkeyboard: Recorded by a laptop when typing on its keyboard (3'27")
- Eatingchips: Someone eating chips (2'45")
- Frogs: A bunch of frogs "singing" (2'28")
- Jungle: Insects, birds, etc. (1'00")
- Machineguns: Machineguns shooting (3'55")
- Motorcycles: Many motorcycles passing by (1'40")
- Ocean: Ocean waves (1'00")
Updated on September 13, 2013